One blog that I found talked about how some teachers are teaching just for the paycheck while others are teaching for the students and putting 100% of their time and effort into thier students and thier classroom.
I have seen both ends of the spectrum that Mr. Rugen is talking about throughout my educational lifetime. I think that it is interesting the wide range of people who are in the same profession, especially one that focuses on professional development and the continuous cycle of learning that occurs in a lifetime. I have been lucky to work with a CT who puts 100% into her classroom and her students, I am able to see first hand the importance of the learning cycle once we have a contract. As I have talked about a lot in class, my CT just completed the GLAD training this summer and we are working on implementing as many strategies as possible into our units. Seeing how she has learned a new approach to teaching, changing her whole flow of the year that she is use to, and seeing how it is having a positive effective on the students make me want to be a teacher who also puts 100% into my future students and classroom once I get a contracted job.
If you would like to read Mr. Rugen's blog the URL is: http://yearoneteacher.blogspot.com/
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment